Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hiccups and Hairclips



Gosh I haven't been writing enough in here lately- anyone would think I was busy spending my days wasting my time destroying my self confidence by sending off endless emails to prospective employers for freelance work. Why is it that people don't respond - even to reject you? It's very rude. Mind you, judging by my reaction to 'Alison Blunt' the other month maybe a simple blanking is better than a turn down.
Sadie turned 5 on Sunday. We took her horseriding as a surprise which was so cute! She had a Shetland pony so she looked like one of those Thelwell cartoon characters. I led her horse (I wouldn't normally dare as I find horses quite scary, but leading a Shetland is a bit like leading a very old and fat golden retriever) up onto the downs- it was a beautiful day. And then, after her perfect birthday morning, a stupid, incompetently-run "restaurant" called Barneys on Western Road in Hove (please don't go there) decided to ruin everything by making a complete hash up of her birthday tea party. It wasn't hard- we booked a table a week before and ordered a cake (I decided to have year off as I normally go mad in the catering department and nearly give myself a nervous 'bakedown'...?...) but they managed to forget about us completely. We arrived and there were 6 drunk people sitting at "our" table so we had to find a shit one at the back, they didn't come to serve us all night so we had to find them when we needed something (like food maybe?), and they forgot the cake so put together a pile of old brownies with some orange slices around it instead! Disaster. Although Sadie was oblivious and enjoyed herself regardless. I shall be writing to the management to get a free night out there. The whole point was to give myself a break this year but it was the most stressed I've ever been at Sadie's party, and last year we had 30 kids and decided to do the food and entertainment ourselves. Just goes to show, if you want a job done.....etc....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH, Sadie, you're soooooooo cute on the wee pony! Happy belated wishes. Will send you a present soon. You should cut off that ugly woman's face in the right hand corner though - she freaks me out! (Or is that Andy????(I'm only joking!) (That's directed to you Cathy)(I lost the plot....) Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!

Her Indoors said...

hello you nut nut..
what the...???
plot well and truly lost my dear. must be all this wind. is it windy up in glasgow there? i nearly got knocked over today by a gust. I will not be running along the seafront today- I might fly off! although that would be quite fun....x