Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween freaks


Happy Halloween!
I feel it appropriate now to comment on how Brighton really is full of Nut-nuts. Yesterday when I was going to my shrink, I walked past a man in Saltdean (and bear in mind this is on the edge of Brighton, in an area full of posh white haired people) who was singing 'Here Comes the Sun' at the top of his lungs as he walked towards the cliffs. As we passed each other I couldn't help but smile, as the sound of singing such a song at 8.30am cheered me up somewhat, which caused him to pause mid song... 'Here Comes the- Hi there- Sun'........
Then today on my way for an early morning jog, a man across the road shouted 'Happy Birthday' to me. I ignored him (well- it's not my birthday you see) and he then shouted 'HOW OLD ARE YOU TODAY LOVE?'.... I carried on walking... 'I SAID HOW OLD ARE YOU TODAY???'.... at this point I took advantage of my jogging attire and just ran off.
Best go and do some proper writing now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the nutcases - all we have up here are your common old alcoholics and seasonally affected suicidalists. I miss the guy who used to hang out in Camden Sainsburys repeating the joyful mantra 'THE BEST OF LUCK!' over and over again.
Like the nu cool Tongue pic btw.

Her Indoors said...

Yes the nut nuts do put a smile on my face, apart from if it's dark and they can appear a bit sinister. I think I remember the 'Best of luck' guy in Camden! The last time I saw him in Sainsburys I was glad of his wishing me luck as I'd just started my contractions and was having to waddle home. Sadie was born 24 hours later.
ah- pic of tongue yes- fond memories of my holiday with youse lot x