Thursday, October 11, 2007

Save the cheerleader save the world

My, Heroes is a great tv show is it not? Watched it last night and can never quite believe how good it is...
I am off to try and save a few lives- well, maybe one or two accidents. This morning on my way to taking Sadie to school I witnessed the second accident on the "crossing" on the main road at the end of our street. A little boy (about 8 yrs old) ran across and was hit by a bicycle- obviously not the most serious accident in the world, but two years ago Sadie was hit by a double decker bus on the same spot. She was miraculously unharmed, except for a scratched hand and a small bruise on her head, and the boy today was just in shock, but these incidents have spurred me on to call the council and request for a proper zebra crossing to be put there.
Also- I don't know what's happening to this area- it used to be quite sophisto, but last night, when I popped out, a drunken, middle aged couple staggered towards me and the man asked if I'd like to come home with them for a threesome! And all I'd done is gone out for 5 minutes to drop the Mr Bean DVD at the video shop! Christ. We shall have to move, especially if they don't sort out that crossing.

No comments: