Sunday, October 14, 2007

Books and snuggles and Amy Winehouse

Gosh I appear to have been having a life and not been writing my blog for a few days. Must update you on my exciting daily habits forthwith:
Took Sadie to Brighton Jubilee Library on Friday afternoon to relax on the sofas and read her endless books. It was really lovely to snuggle her for a long time. At home it's easy to be with her but not really be with her. And she loves books my girl. And snuggles.
Friday pm I went to the Robin Hood pub (fab pub with board games and indie music) with the gorgeous Sarka and met up with the RADIANT Rachael and her crowd of merry male journos. Was very proud of myself as I went home at 11pm having had only 2 pints. I must be seriously under the influence of Alex James.
Saturday afternoon Andy, Sadie and I took the bikes to Shoreham to find a secluded beach in the surprisingly sunny October weather. We sat against the rocks watching the waves crash. Andy did a spot of exploring, while Sadie and I focussed on the smaller delights to be had on the East Sussex coastline and hunted for pretty shells. I then realised that there were only men on the beach, who were either strolling along or standing behind pillars and posts. Dotted along the back of the beach were closed wind shelters with the odd man going to visit them. We quickly realised we were in a gay cruising area and carried on collecting shells. Well, this is Brighton after all.
Sadie spent the night having a sleepover with her little mate Natasha, so Andy and I went to Lewes for a romantic stroll down the high street, a couple of glasses of red wine in the Harveys Brewery pub, and an Italian feast in Lazzati's (I opted for the spaghetti with chilli, olive oil and garlic, while Andy had the steak in mushroom sauce- both were delicious). We were in bed by 10.30pm, having discussed the possibility and hilarity of us getting married. We both fell asleep scowling, uncertain of what the evening's conversation topic meant to the two of us.
Sunday, today, is Joy's birthday celebrations and we've just been on the beach with her and a few pals enjoying the sun, a portion of chips and a pint. Geoff had a Bloody Mary before lunch which is outrageous. Dirty bugger.

Soundtrack: Amy Winehouse- You Know I'm No Good

No comments: