Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My arse is rested

Today was a right shitty, rainy one, but enjoyable nevertheless. Spent the morning chatting away to my pschotherapist (I really don't need to see her any more but it gives me a great excuse to spend an hour sitting on my arse). Did my usual burble and blub and then, after picking Sadie up from school, went down on the pebbly beach to rendez-vous with one Rebs Tully- an old bookseller colleague from way back (haven't seen her since I announced in a pub to a few friends I was pregnant- well, I had to explain- they were stunned as I ordered an orange juice).
We dined on nettle soup in the delicious Due South (http://www.duesouth.co.uk/), having managed to get a window seat with a view of the crashing waves- I thought the girl from Hackney might appreciate a bit of scenery. Was ace to see her, and it seems, what with our shared interests in running and writing and boys, we now have a lot in common. I hope to catch up with her again very soon over a self-help book (written by her) and a bottle of wine.
Sadie and I then slobbed out to a Mr Bean DVD and ate popcorn. We closed the curtains and turned out the lights to pretend the lounge was a cinema. I love having a kid- it gives you the perfect excuse to behave like one. Plus I got to spend another hour of the day sitting on my arse. Off to work on The Book.

Soundtrack: Blur-Coffee and tv

No comments: