Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lent

It is beginning of Lent today and I still haven't decided what to abstain from. Sex maybe? That would, sadly, be too easy these days. Booze? No f@£*ing way. TV? Possibly. Writing this blog rather than doing some good in the world? Hmmmm....
My lovely friend Rachael has taken the eco advice from the Church of England, and, rather than give up carbon, she's chosen to give up plastic (plus, like me, there is no way she will give up the drink for 40 days so she had to think of something to get her boyf off her back). She will starting a blog about her anti-packaging regime shortly so I will let you know the address. Good luck to you me dear.
I grew up Catholic so Lent was a very important time in my family. I remember having to give up telly once as a kid and it not really bothering me. I remember giving up sweeties too, which again, wasn't too hard. We were only allowed these things in moderation anyhow so the transition from measly doses to nowt wasn't too painful.
I know what I should give up is watching 'Mistresses' on a Tuesday evening as it's naff, but I probably couldn't manage it. A woman needs her fix of trash. And oh my god- can you believe Paul is back from the dead??
No- looks like I'll have to think of something more realistic....

Later: Still don't know what I'm going to try and live without, but Rachael's lent blog is here! have a look: http://rachaelunwrapped.wordpress.com/
It's ace...

2 comments:

Rachael Glazier said...

Ah mistresses, I saw the first episode and really loved the trashiness of it but haven't managed to see it since then, gutted.
Um, are we meant to be running today?!
And thanks for adding my blog, as soon as I figure out how to do that on mine I'll add yours too!
X

Her Indoors said...

Oh bugger yes- we are meant to be in training are we not... ?.. tonight maybe? oops you've just phoned I don't need to be writing this.....