Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Better out than in

I've just realised what a freaky picture I had on yesterday's blog. oh well. I'll keep it there redardless to disturb you all.
This looking after myself thing is not going too well so far. Last night I dropped a heavy china bowl on my big toe and nearly passed out from the pain. I had to down some ibuprofen(having dizzily hobbled to the bathroom cabinet), and lie on the sofa moaning/biting the cushion in agony. I tell you- it was almost as painful as childbirth, and I really know what that feels like having had a natural 30 hour labour! Now I have a black toe and a limp, but nothing nice to show for it.
Later on, I thought I'd force myself to eat something wholesome, and heated up a chicken casserole (you can guess where this is going...) to have with some green veg. It was to be the first healthy thing I'd eaten since the break up (having consumed either nothing or comfort foods since Friday), and had, ironically, been made by Andy last week. Four hours after dinner, I woke up with horrific stomach cramps and consequently spent the early hours with my head down the loo.
So pleasant. And now the third time I've been sick in a week (didn't mention first one- but I puked after reading poems at the school- 24 hour bug or something). My body must be purging itself at the moment or something...
Feeling alright now though. Off to rearrange the flat for further purging....

3 comments:

Rachael Glazier said...

I'm going to the pub on sat evening if you fancy it? It's Sarah's birthday, so Karrie et al will be there, plus Sarah is very funny when she gets pissed, tends to fall over a lot. If not, then come round before and I'll cook for you and Sadie, and hopefully you won't be sick. Will even include veg. And we can make those bleeding chocolate crisp cake things that we meant to do the other day. Although I believe a certain mansbridge has eaten all the chocolate.
xxx

Her Indoors said...

ooo i'm liking the idea of being cooked for and making crispy cakes! i also have a babysitter saturday (david owes me) so i could go out although I dread to think what sort of state i'll get into... can i let you know?
how was cycling around paris by the way? are you in agony now???
xxx

Rachael Glazier said...

Oh cool, no problem if you decide on the day re drinking (and food too), I'm having a pretty laid back easter so no plans is def the way forward.
Paris was lovely, best break I've had in ages. Cycling round is definitely the way to see a place, so much fun, but am bruised to buggery from the bike. F's decided he's in love with his bike; I looked through the photos and they're pretty much all of the bike in front of various Parisian landmarks!
Hope all's okay at work, fancy a run on Friday?
xx