Saturday, March 22, 2008

Roses and Rain


My lovely, and talented, illustrator friend Joy Gosney, who has been been a very good mate to me over the years and been a tower of strength over these difficult few weeks, has very kindly used Sadie and myself as inspiration for her latest work for the council, who were looking for pictures of people walking for their transport website. I was very touched, and glad she used us, as Sadie and I walk everywhere. I still don't drive, but guess I will have to learn at some point. But what a lovely pic and what a lovely ladee. It cheered me up.
As did Nat who I saw the other day for a quick drink and a moan. SHe inspired me to buy myself some roses. No-one has ever bought me any so I got some for me. They are now wilting but it was good while they lasted. Only problem was I bumped into Andy when I was carrying them so now he thinks I've already bagged myself someone else. I do not move this quickly, but neither did I feel the need to explain myself. I don't have to anymore do I??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Buy more stock in roses
Millionaires will always woo
Don't be surprised if roses
Make a millionaire of you..."

Nope, carrying roses is cool - something for him to think aboyut, even if it was nothing...

Her Indoors said...

Indeed. And it wasn't nothing- it was a romantic gift to myself! xx